Pages

New Year 2011

So this new year is finally here. Thinking back from last year until now I feel like I have accomplished much more than I thought. From completing my first chapter of L-TOH, adding in texture and effects to artworks, continuing to do my amv (which I haven't touched since... idk a few months ago to almost a year?), and what else... getting better at drawing my art I guess. :]

Oh yeah! My group and I have completed our first movie! x3 Yes, it's been a long time since we had worked on it. I'm glad we finally have something to share. This is one giant step for us into the animation world. I hope we will continue to do our best in the future and produce more great works~! Please support us in buying the DVD to help us make more in the future. :D For more information, click on this link.


Speaking of this New Year, I was planning to draw an art to welcome the new year on New Year's day, but things got complicated (like dresses and pictures, thus prolonged the deadline -.-;;). So I spend the last few days finishing the art and got it done yesterday. Also, I noticed that I haven't post any colorful art of my own in a while so I decided to do a colorful art for the new year. I asked my sister for suggestions on what to draw and she said fireworks. Taking that into account, I decided to add fireworks into the art, but what should I add in also...

I thought for a while which characters I should use. The characters from L-TOH was the first choice, but then I didn't want to spoil anything before the next few chapters comes out. So that option was out and I chose to draw my characters from mA. Most of the main characters are revealed so it shouldn't be a problem to draw them (plus, they might match the theme more than the other characters for right now). While sketching body poses for the characters, I unexpectedly add in a character that haven't been introduce in the story yet. Because of that, I decided to not show the face, but just show that the character is there.

After I finished sketching and drawing the clothes on them (it was kinda hard to decide what they should wear aha -v-;), I went back to outline and refine the lines. I wanted to try using a different coloring style, but end up using my usual coloring style. ==; Though I'm glad I got to experiment with a lot more than three colors this time. As I finished coloring the first character, I notice how long it took and estimated that it will be the same for the rest of the characters. ^^; At some point I feel like giving up, but pushed myself to continued until the end. Thank goodness I was able to finish coloring them all (so much time and work aha).

Now I just need to color the background... err... I got stumped and decided to look for fireworks images to give me inspiration~! Found a few and I work from there. I also found a way to use one of the program brushes for easy fireworks effects (which helped me out a lot! ^-^). Some of the color layers (program layers) I test with the brushes earlier end up being used in the final art (yay for recycling). The background is finally done and I switch the characters layer back on and work out any glitches I saw. I'm surprised to find that I missed some even after I finished the art and went back to edit them in. -v-;; Thankfully I spotted them before submitting the art online (it's on my deviantart). I also just realized that the image sizing was not for desktop image, but for film instead (since I took the wrong size measurement, oh well, it can't be help at this stage xD).

Glad I finally finished the art. It was a lot of work (and time) so I'm satisfied with it~! x3 One thing I learn from this is that drawing in a big file size can really slow down the saving time, and make sure to save as an extra file if you're going to color (or use lots of colors and layers!). Though I love the quality in the aftermath. It's beautiful~! *o* Okay, so now that the long lecture talk is over, here's a preview of the artwork that I did for this New Year. Hope you all enjoy, have a happy holiday, stay safe and warm! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment